36 123
Thread
Print

Moonlight Online: Lights! Camera! Action!

Moonlight Online: Lights! Camera! Action!

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse opens today, bringing the legendary feud between vampires and werewolves back to the big screen. Who will claim victory to this timeless strife? In Moonlight Online, IGG’s first vampire-themed 3D MMORPG, players will both direct and star in the colossal clash of claws and fangs, witness supernatural transformations, thrill to parkour-like acrobatic feats and master real-time combat tactics.

In movies, vampires may endure centuries of lonesome existence before attaining immense power, but in Moonlight Online they will tap into their awesome abilities with stunning metamorphoses in much the same way as werewolves unleash their lethal bestial forms.

Transformed vampires will sport magnificent bat wings and benefit from drastically increased agility and accelerated speed. In this state they will also enjoy great spell power boosts, enabling them to access powers of divination and defense, as well as the ability to harness the elements.

Werewolves’ transformations will include an impressive increase in size. A manic glint in their eyes will reflect their ferocity. Primed for combat, they will receive massive boosts to attack power and HP. Fueled by their hatred of vampires, their wolf forms will deal incredible amounts of damage to their mortal enemies.

Some of the parkour-like stunts in Moonlight Online include stunning leaps that defy gravity itself. If you’ve ever envied the fantastic flips and superb somersaults in movies like The Prince of Persia or Twilight, you’ll be looking forward to controlling characters as they jump from building to building. In Moonlight Online, gamers will play the roles of director, star and stuntman in such spectacular scenes. Moreover, the developers are adding a marvelous twist to the soaring leaps characters can execute in the game: performing yet another jump in the midst of their first leap, resulting in astounding acrobatic display.

Moonlight Online utilizes DOTA-like tactical elements in combat, so gamers can have their characters cast spells and use abilities in while in motion (limited by a cooldown time). Once players master the mechanics of the acrobatic action in Moonlight Online, they can experience the thrills and exhilaration of riveting PvP battles.

To do justice to the epic battles between vampires and werewolves, Moonlight Online will use cutting-edge technologies such as steep parallax bump mapping and sophisticated atmospheric shading effects to portray the characters in all their brilliant splendor and heart-pumping glory.
[attach]2107[/attach]

Attachment

0630-1.jpg (80.94 KB)

8-5-2011 03:17 AM

0630-1.jpg

0630-2.jpg (83.29 KB)

8-5-2011 03:17 AM

0630-2.jpg

No Pain, No Gain!

this game looks awesome

My advice

I love the sound of this game, however I just have to worry about it too.

The game is at a very crucal point in development, where the developers have not yet committed to any long term permanent choices in gameplay, in my own understanding.

This would be a good chance for them to listen to what players dislike in other mmorpgs. I have a list of my own.

* Not sure if your aware, but Forsaken World, is another mmorpg coming out, which is going to have vampires in it too. However, the videos of the vampire gameplay look incredibly..... dull.... The vampire character goes around shooting purple blobs of magic at enemies. Which is exactly what any other class might be capable of doing. I hate these generic powers that ALL Players have access to. At least Moonlight sounds promissing, because lets face it, Werewolves wont be shooting purple blobs of energy anytime soon.... or will they. I would advise the game makers, to try and stay away from the generic 'close range attack', and 'long range' attack principles, where in other mmorpgs, they decided that every class must start with one in both of these, which in turn ruins the game, because the classes all seem to be the same then. If I choose werewolf, I dont wana have the same tactical abilities and oppertunities as a vampire, I choose werewolf, because I WANT that different tactical abilities and playstyle. The post which says that vampires will have access to magic - I just hope they tone it down, and make it not so much as 'Magic' but more like vampire Dark Gifts or talents inherent to Vampires. If it is magic we are dealing with, whos to say Humans wont have access to it too.

*Vampires growing wings - Sounds good - Will be even Better if they can fly with those wings. But wait.... that sounds alot like Aion....  I really have to stress how let down people were with Aion. The devs showed us videos of the game, soaring, swooping, and aerial battles, and then we got into the closed and open beta's and.....well... you can fly at like 3mph, falling is faster than flying downwards, and we dont actually get to see any of the supposed soaring and swooping from the teasers.

*Flight - While on the topic of flight, if you are going to introduce flight, can we do this, without the nasty hairy bat wings? If so, how large are the flight zones, is the flight restricted as it is in Aion - where you can fly in 5% of the world, and have to walk in the other 95%.

*Battle systems - I know this is ONE game, but I really would like to see the GUI/HUD be customized to suit the race we play as. Vampires with a dark gothic look, Humans with a holy gui, and werewolves with a savage feral look. Mana is another thing - Perhaps Mana can be for humans, Blood for Vampires, and Rage for wolfies.
I dont like the idea that all our attacks are fuelled by the 'same' force or power source, it just leads back to the idea that 'my vampire attack, is actually a generic magic attack that any human can do... they have mana too after all'.   At least calling vampires mana, 'Blood' gives some variation.

*Stealth - Vampires are hunters too - they need a stealth power of some sort - but I dont like the idea of this being limited to a thief, or rogue, or assassin class.  I would like to see an MMORPG that does away with classes, and opens the development tree up to the players.
I loved the game 'Legacy of Kain Blood Omen 2' -
You get Telekinesis, Charm Powers, Ability to turn into Mist (the stealth component) and many more.
You didnt see Kain being locked into an assassin or mage class, he was just what he was... a vampire, who naturally has the ability to acquire these abilities.

*Travel Powers - Please for the love of all that is unholy.... make vampires have access to a Flock of Bats travel power... I'd love to be able to do what Kain does in Legacy of Kain.  Turns into a flock of bats.
Control style can be similar to that of Teleport in Champions Online - ya press Travel power button, dissappear(invisible) move to new location, and voila, reappear.
There are so many vampire versions of this available.
Change into Mist
Change into Bats
Straight up Teleport...

Or perhaps the vampire doesnt wana go along the teleport line, he could choose flight, shapeshifting(flight), or acrobatic/jumping/speed or some combo of them.

Vampire Feeding -
Please make feeding an integral part of being a vampire.
Forsaken World introduced a vampire class/race, and they dont seem to feed... all they do is change into a bat, which hovers 2ft over the ground, and moves 20% faster.

Clan System / Bloodline system -
Now... I partially patent this...
I ran a neverwinter nights server called Worlds of Rhun, and I was the first to introduce a vampire bloodline system.
Bite a player, they are given a choice, become a vampire, or not.
If they choose to become a vampire, they are marked as being your 'childe' and become a member of your clan/bloodline.
They gain benefits unique to your bloodline, and their kills contribute to the clans blood poole.
Blood then can be spent to upgrade the clan further, only spendable by the clan leader.

How does this relate to Moonlight?
If you wana introduce a clan system, why not make it bloodline orientated. It works for Werewolves too, call it a 'pack' if you will.
It also gives rise to generations in the clan too.

I made mine work in a pyramid scheme sort of way, generation 1 being the people sired by the clan leader, generation 2, being the people sired by generation 1 people etc... and on and on and on.

Siring more people, can give bonuses to the players who do the siring, but not to the point of surpassing their own sire.

Anyway... I give Moonlight permission to steal this idea from me. Lol

Gee... anything else?
What else does everyone else hate about the current mmorpgs?

Ok, I know it is a mmorpg and all, but I would like this Moonlight game, to seem more like a personal story, almost as good as a single player game, but actually be a multiplayer game.
Great Graphics, responsive movement and abilities and combat, without the reminiscent mmorpg hollow characters we get with city of heroes and wow. Those character, when you jump, you dont believe it, its like the characters are 'hollow' and weightless. I want a gothic world, with reactive lighting in the environment, which I can use to hide in and stalk my prey. But the mmorpgs of today, they have our characters glowing, or highlighted in some cartoony way which makes us stand out.

Anyway... im finished with my rant..
U might wana print it out, and hand deliver it to the game producer. Lol

Thanks for your suggestions, Baaleos
No Pain, No Gain!

Reply 3# Baaleos's post

Great suggestions. =)

Quote:
Original posted by Eva1210 at 6-30-2010 04:54
Moonlight Online utilizes DOTA-like tactical elements in combat, so gamers can have their characters cast spells and use abilities in while in motion

Yes, seems like PvP will be lots of fun ^^
The Journey for Peace.

When will this game be releaseD?

Looks very cool! Can't w8 till i can play it!

Let us all wait, for it will come ^^

Quote:
Original posted by Willer0219 at 7-10-2010 06:57
When will this game be releaseD?
Officially: end of 2010.

(sorry for misquoting the above post, if a mod wishes he can remove that, sorry for double posting)
The Journey for Peace.

how long till its out

A good game need more time to develop
No Pain, No Gain!

Quote:
Original posted by Abigail85 at 7-15-2010 19:16
how long till its out
Please read the above replies before asking something.
The Journey for Peace.

whilst not

whilst not wanting to sound like an over excited person or anything.

Has it been said when the game is expected to be released or even beta tested?

I mean, has development on this game only just started, in which case we are talking months-> years, or is the game in a fairly good developed state, in which case beta's may be open in weeks to months?

Beta

There will be a beta anyway. My shot is that the beta release will be the release they are talking about.
The Journey for Peace.

36 123
Thread